There's something rather promising about the start of a new year, the idea that nothing from before that point counts, and as if by magic at the stroke of midnight you can just erase all your bad habits - which you obviously can't, but there's nothing wrong with having a go. By the end of the day, I had two things: a very tidy lounge (minus a workspace, but with a nice new cosy corner), and a list of things I want to achieve in 2012.
1. I absolutely, definitely, 100% will master the art of knitting. By this time next year, I aim to be cable-ing with the best of them.
2. I will spend far more time doing, and less time procrastinating. Be it the cleaning, or finishing a project, I will Get It Done.
3. I will be more consistent with my ethical and environmental efforts.
4. I will read the books I've always planned to read - Austin to Dickens, Fitzgerald to Collins, I'm going to work my way through the lot.
5. I will make budgets and stick to them. Probably. Ahem.
6. I will put more effort into finding writing work, rather than sitting slumped in front of Eastenders at the end of the day.
7. I will work my way through my overflowing basket of half-finished craft projects, and actually get them done. The Boy will have his patchwork wall-hanging, and my Mum will have her lavender bags.
8. I will cook more, make more use of batch cooking, and eat far less convenience food and takeaways.
I also just want to take the opportunity to say thank you for all your lovely comments and followings throughout the year, since the humble beginnings of Owl and Accordion. I still can't believe so many of you log on so frequently - aim number 9 is to produce far more regular content for you all!
Happy New Year, lovelies. See you on the other side!